May 2013 – Present
Web Developer II – Fred Loya Insurance
- Work remotely as part of a team to develop and update internal web applications relied upon by thousands of auto insurance agents on a daily basis.
- Transition enterprise IBMi RPG applications from green screen apps to modern web interfaces
- Develop code on local VMWare Linux (CentOS) and use git / ssh to deploy new applications or updates to both staging and production environments
- Actively participate in weekly or bi-weekly conference calls and scrum meetings
February 2013 – May 2013
Senior Software Developer – DLC Software Solutions
- Key role in systems architecture for multiple clients and many diverse applications
- Used several different MVC / ORM frameworks (including a proprietary framework) to build responsive applications using clean, object oriented code
- Worked closely with clients in an Agile environment to contribute to project goals in an efficient manner
March 2011 – February 2013
Web Application Engineer – Responsive Data, LLC
- Developed custom object-oriented PHP code to drive dynamic parts of web applications.
- Created and interacted with mySQL databases and tables to efficiently and securely utilize stored data.
- Debugged existing applications and implemented fixes for various issues.
- Created web services with which 3rd parties may interact and utilized API’s to integrate new software into 3rd party systems.
December 2009 – March 2011
Web Developer – Website Connection LLC
- Created and maintained templated advertising websites.
- Introduced PHP and Ajax into an existing static html / css system to improve maintainability and performance.
- Designed hundreds of banner ads using Adobe Photoshop.
January 2009 – March 2011
Freelance Web Developer
- Created and maintained websites for multiple clients.
- Created several E-Commerce enabled sites featuring Paypal or Authorize.net integrations.
- Worked with several clients on improving SEO and overall internet marketing strategies.